If you fall into the latter category, you can now install an Android Oreo-based Pixel Experience ROM on Xiaomi Poco F1 to get a more stock and fluid experience. Installing a custom ROM requires you to unlock the bootloader first, and have a custom recovery like TWRP (website) installed. Make sure to always create a backup of your Android device before proceeding. While the download link for officially supported devices is mentioned below, some of these ROMs may have an unofficial port available for other devices as well. These Custom ROMs offer excellent benefits and extra features like animations, gestures, lock screen, status bar, etc. It helps in enhancing your POCO phones UI, battery performance, and overall usability. You would find different customizable options depending on the type of ROM that is in action.
Not to mention, the huge list of device support– both new and old. Imagine being on your device’s stock ROM, but with slight tweaks here and there that allow you to customize your device without losing out on the Stock stability.
- We have shared the ROM as a zip package that contains the EU ROM, Fastboot Tool, USB Driver, and How-to install Manuals.
- You may also copy those two files to your phone external SD card.
- If you want to to verify that your device have rooted, Go to Google Play Store and download the any Root Checker app to check the root status.
Learn how to root any Android device, including the best Android phones! If you don’t see your device listed or you see a misplaced link, send a message to the author (SkandaH on the forums) with the device details. Until the Xiaomi POCO F1, MIUI-powered Xiaomi phones did not come with an app drawer. The MIUI launcher has always been polarizing because of its iOS-like functioning of just having a home screen and skipping the app drawer. This meant that all app icons were shown on the home screen, and many stock firmware file users missed the flexibility of the app drawer, where apps could be arranged alphabetically. Of course, this problem could easily be solved by downloading a third-party launcher, and the likes of Nova Launcher, Lawnchair, and Rootless Pixel Launcher all come with app drawers. Customization and mods from the developer community are one of the many reasons that make Android the most popular mobile operating systems in the world.
- If you use Lineage Custom ROMs, you can expect a 50-80% improvement in performance.
- But when companies start operating at such a large scale, the start-up mentality takes a backseat to more important considerations, and innovation can be stifled.
- But sadly, we haven’t seen any official information from the company regarding this elusive device over the last year.
- You will need to wait longer for the official release from manufacture.
- We were able to get around nine hours of screen-on time on a single charge, with the screen set to 50 percent brightness and a mix of watching video, browsing, using Reddit Sync, and some gaming.
There are tons of things which users can do after rooting their device like flashing Custom ROMs, kernels and Mods. They provide loads of customisation options compared to the Stock ROM. Some of the Custom ROMs are well optimised for battery and performance.